Monday, August 16, 2010

Truly, He knows...

...what's in our hearts. I was just quietly lamenting the fact that I haven't been reading the Qur'an as much as I'd like to. And tonight, I pulled Yusof Ali's translated Qur'an and randomly pulled a surah to read. I was struck as I was finishing reading surah Al-Muzammil...

"...He hath turned to you (in mercy): read ye, therefore, of the Qur'an as much as may be easy for you. He knoweth that there may be (some) among you in ill-health; others travelling through the land, seeking of Allah's bounty; yet others fighting in Allah's Cause, read ye, therefore, as much of the Qur'an as may be easy (for you); and establish regular Prayer and give regular Charity; and loan to Allah a Beautiful Loan. And whatever good ye send forth for your souls ye shall find it in Allah's Presence,- yea, better and greater, in Reward and seek ye the Grace of Allah. for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

I can't even begin to tell you how that surah made me feel :'(

2 comments:

JDsg said...

I can't begin to tell you how many times something like this has happened to me while reading the Qur'an... more times than I can count.

DramaMama said...

Subhanallah.

I still get teary thinking about it.