Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Quick update

Just coming up for air now and wanted to very quickly wish Ramadhan Kareem to all. I'm hoping there will be less distractions for me this year. Last year we MOVED house and all sense of calm went out the door. I know, I shouldn't complain and in the spirit of Ramadhan, I'll stop there.

I've been very organised this year...the girls', my helper, my parents and I have all got our Eid clothes (hurray!). The only two who haven't are the husband and Danial. We bought ours in Melaka before Ramadhan because these are way cheaper there and we didn't want to have to shop when fasting. So I kinda feel sorry for the husband and Danial for not being able to pick theirs (lack of size and design and colour) and wish them well as they'll have to wade through the crowd and heat in Geylang or someplace to get theirs. I ain't going nowhere near anywhere crowded especially when fasting, thankyouverymuch.

And all the cookies have been ordered, although my mother and helper are hell-bent on baking some cookies at home. They think the smell of freshly baked cookies is part of the anticipation of Eid. I told them I am happy to sponsor the ingredients and be the main taste tester but I ain't slogging in front of the oven at night.

The husband unfortunately still has a couple of work trips he has to be on which couldn't be rescheduled. I, on the other hand, am a maverick as I've been able to manouvre my way to ensure all my trips are happening after Eid. I know. I am good *looks away in amazement*.

Sara is starting half day fasts and has said she'd want to attempt full day fasts on the weekend. Hurray! The other two kids are at the stage where they just do it; no fuss no drama. Iftar will be simple although we might go a little overboard on weekends when the kids have the privilege of making a request each. We'll see how that goes.

I on the other hand, besides wanting all the good spiritual things from Ramadhan, want to lose some weight and am keeping an eye on the weighing scale along with food intake and some exercise.

So anyway, Ramadhan Kareem everyone and may our fasts be accepted.

No comments: