Monday, June 14, 2010

Where's the karate?

We brought the kids to watch The Karate Kid movie - along with the Bhutias who came to visit us. All five kids were dying to watch Jaden Smith and the husband and Mr Bhutia are a long-time fans of Jackie Chan. Mrs Bhutia and I were outnumbered and we simply followed the crowd.

So considering it was Sat night and the movie was apparently popular, most of the cineplexes were sold out but the kids were in luck and we ended up in a nearby cineplex where we could get decent seats for all nine of us. So while I was watching the movie (way past my bedtime) I couldn't help but think if Jackie would make a good Mr Miyagi.

Then it occured to me. While the "earlier" Karate Kid movies were on karate, this movie is all about KUNG-FU set in China. Talk about a deceiving title. Buyers beware!

The kids thought the movie was hugely entertaining. The two daddies were quite pleased with the kung-fu action. I was being a cranky old lady and was mildly entertained. The popcorn was good though.

No comments: