Friday, January 07, 2011

A new year, a new wish

I know that I have been neglecting this blog and it's really because I have a) not much to write about and b) not much time to write. And so I think it is time for me to bid you farewell. I started this blog to share my ride as a mum, juggling 3 kids (no, not literally juggling them all in mid air although at times the ride was tough it felt like it was), work and running a household.

My baby is now 8 years old and is now in primary 3. She was a slow-starter and I had many sleepless nights worrying about her but she's showing signs of catching up and hopefully she'll be able to shine as brightly as I know she could.

My son turned 11 last year and will be sitting for the all-important PSLE papers this year. He knows how important this year will be but he inherited the husband's mischievious trait to be too consumed with the stress of studying.

My eldest is turning 16. Sixteen. Sheesh. Learning quickly about relationship, responsibility and possibly heartache in the process. I'm so glad I'm not a teenager anymore. She'll be sitting for a couple of her O level papers this year and the rest next year. I had sleepness nights worrying about her, too. She joined our family just before entering primary 1. And at primary 1 she wasn't able to recognise the alphabets, let alone read. And she didn't speak English. I think about how far she's come and I give thanks to the Almighty for giving her - and my other kids - resilience.

At the right time, as I promised when I first started this blog, I will let my kids read my blog - they don't know of its existence right now. And I hope they will enjoy reading as much as I enjoyed writing.

And with that, dear readers, I want to thank you for staying with me on this ride. And I wish for you peace, happiness and success for 2011 and may you and yours be blessed with many more years ahead.

xx Dramamama

4 comments:

Faddy said...

Assalamualaikum wr wb.

I've always enjoyed reading your entries, dramamama, and I will definitely miss reading them...

May Allah bless you and your family with imaan, taqwa and with the patience to tide through any troubling times.

Fi hifzillah :)

DramaMama said...

W'salam sweetie. Ameen to your du'a and thank you for your kind words :) Take care.

Unknown said...

Nooooooooo ... please continue with your blog :-(

DramaMama said...

As someone we know would say, "No, tarme! No tarme!" hehehe.