Thursday, July 02, 2009

Wow...

I can't believe:

1. MJ is dead but the circus around him continues unabated
2. Danial thought MJ was dead a long time ago because he's never heard any new songs from MJ at all
3. Danial is trying to master the moonwalk
4. My business travel is starting up after almost one year of travel ban and here I am getting very used to being grounded
5. School term just started and the kids are already bringing back loads of homework everyday
6. The month of Rejab is here, and soon Ramadhan will be here and I have yet to start fasting the days I lost last year
7. We are already in July
8. I think I need another holiday
9. The Ministry of Health has given up telling people to stay away from countries where H1N1 is spreading fast - not least because we ourselves are on that list. Tragic comedy, don't you think?
10. No one is watching the Asian Youth Games - at least in my household

3 comments:

JDsg said...

I've watched some of the AYG; I've caught some of the athletics, diving (I used to be a swimming referee and judge diving), and a tiny bit of soccer (saw the winning goal when the Iranian boy beat the S'pore team). It's not like watching adults compete, but some of these kids are very good. (And some of the kids are not so good, but they're the ones who need more encouragement anyway.)

One of the interesting things about the girls running is to see some of the Muslim girls cover. One girl from Qatar had a very stylish cap on her head (like a swim cap) that matched her uniform very nicely. An Iranian girl wore some very loose clothes, including a hood over her hijab; these must have been catching the wind as she ran down the track but she still came in third for her heat.

MJ: Never really cared for him or his music. The real loss wasn't his death, it was the warping of his personality.

DramaMama said...

Salam, JD. I watched a daily highlight of AYG once and saw an Iranian participant (it was a shooting event?) and she had the hijab on as well. Made me smile :)

I grew up listening to MJ. His best works for me, if I had to choose only two would be Ben (Jackson 5) and Black or White. That music video was a breakthrough at that time and it left a lasting impression on me. But he had such a sad life. And all the speculcation about him embracing Islam (or not), well, only Allah knows.

Ronin said...

simply said but well-said at the same time.