Monday, June 15, 2009

I am blessed...

(so altogether now, say alhamdulillah). We just hosted two terrific families at our Melaka house over the weekend. They were just the most fun people to be with and we loved the fact that they wanted to come visit our house there.

The best part of the entire thing is the solat jemaah. I love the azan and when it melodiously rings live in my house, it brings tears to my eyes. It is both humbling and liberating at the same time. And Danial got his chance reciting his iqamah at one of the solahs and we were so proud he did it so well and with much confidence.

And as we always do when we're there, we ate lots, laughed plenty and shopped too much.

So as I was struggling to start my Monday I began reflecting on my weekend that has just passed, and I realised I have lots to be thankful for. I am thankful for being blessed with great friends and family members who lift me spiritually and make me want to improve myself as a person, mother and wife.
Picture from here.


No comments: